Alrighty, guys! After the success of the fundraiser/raffle that I did for my surgery, I’m finally able to pay it forward! The Color Me Rad 5k contacted me about wanting to sponsor a giveaway on my blog - so of course I had to say yes! They also let me choose a charity to raise money for, and I chose the Wright Way Rescue, which is the rescue that my boyfriend and I adopted our dog Fozzi from! This is going to be a pretty amazing fundraiser for a pretty amazing cause. I’m hoping to raise at least $5000, if not more! All the proceeds will go directly to the Wright Way Rescue, minus around $800-$1000 to purchase the prizes for the giveaway that the Color Me Rad 5k is not supplying. You can speak to two of my previous giveaway winners here and here, this is not fake or a scam! I always make good on my giveaways!Color Me Rad is a 5K that fires off in a blaze of color bombs, color cannons, color mortars, and multi-toned courses that guarantee your outlook will be brighter, your boyfriend will be more affectionate, your boss will finally remember your name, the hair on your head will grow back and the hair on your back will fall out, and your gray outlook will turn green like a spring morning.Wright-Way Rescue is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization. Their mission is to reduce the number of homeless pets euthanized in the Midwest each year through an adoption program, community education, promotion of spaying and neutering, and a veterinary medicine program. They continue to save pets from rural animal control facilities where they are at a high risk of euthanasia, and instead offer them a second chance at a loving home in the Chicagoland area. Wright-Way places more dogs in adoptive homes than any other no-kill rescue in the State of Illinois on just 10% of the budget. Wright Way Rescue also suffered a tragedy last October when a school bus crashed into their facilities and destroyed their adoption center. You can read more about the incident here. They have been at a temporary facility ever since and need help rebuilding!HERE ARE THE OFFICIAL RULES:
- Must be following me, the Color Me Rad official tumblr, and my yoga blog.
- If you have instagram, follow me at natashaxjade (reblog with your insta username if you do)
- ONE REBLOG ONLY. Like do not count either.
- TO GET EXTRA ENTRIES, donate! Here is the donation page for the Wright Way Rescue. One dollar equals one extra entry.
- I will ship internationally - check the Color Me Rad website to see if there is a race near you!
- 6 winners will be chosen! One grand prize winner that will take everything, and 5 other winners who will get a free registration to the Color Me Rad 5k near them!
- Winner will be chosen using random.org.
HERE ARE THE PRIZES!
- 6 Registrations to the Color Me Rad 5k. One will go to the grand prize winner, and 5 will go to other winners picked at random!
- Color Me Rad merch! A sweatshirt, t-shirt or tank top, shorts, headband, sunglasses, and color packets!
- Workout clothes! I will be your personal shopper, head on over to Dick’s Sporting Goods and you tell me your size, favorite colors, favorite brand and I will buy you an outfit! Top, bottom, and sports bra.
- Workout equipment (not pictured): 5 lb hand weights, jump rope, yoga block, Nike spots/workout bag, Yurbud Headphones, water bottle from Victoria’s Secret, resistance bands, workout/lifting gloves.
- Portioned food containers for meal prep.
- 1 pair of Nike Free Runs in your size.
- Fitbit Flex.
- $50 Victoria’s Secret gift card
- $50 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card
- $50 Whole Foods gift card
- 4 shirts of your choice from lookhuman.com
- 1 Lululemon yoga mat
- 2 boxes of Quest Bars in whatever flavor you prefer.
- Bootcamp plan made by yours truly.
- Shirt from the Wright Way Rescue
- More to be added/freebies to be thrown in!
This ends September 30th! So you have three full months to enter and donate! Go go go!
IG name is squidwarts 💕
Before I get into it, just know the pictures just serve as visual representations, not actual pictures
Okay so anyway, evidence for this theory is the following:
THE FACT THAT HUMANS ARE SO HAIRLESS:
Only two kind of habitats give rise to hairless animals, an aquatic one and a one below the ground (a naked mole rat for example)
The suggestion that humans have become hairless to prevent overheating has been rendered false because hair can act like a defense against the sun.
This is why camels retain their fur even in the hot dessert environment.
OUR FAT CELLS
We have ten times the number of fat cells as expected in an animal our size. Only two types of animals have large fat cells: hibernating and aquatic ones.
In hibernating it’s seasonal fat, but in aquatic it’s all year round. It’s unreasonable to think that we evolved this feature in land because large fat pockets would have just slowed us down.
Primate babies are always born slender, but human babies start to develop fat even before birth.
WALKING ON TWO LEGS
So we’re the only mammals that have developed bipedalism. This is a surprise, because walking on 2 legs vs. walking on 4 legs is very disadvantageous. It’s slower, unstable, our organs are vulnerable to damage.
One theory is that if our habitat was flooded, we’d have to walk on two legs to keep our heads above the water.
The only animal who has ever evolved a pelvis like ours, the swamp ape, used this method.
We have conscious control over our breathing. Every other land animal doesn’t. Mammals like dolphins and seals also conscious control because it tells them how deep they are going to dive and they can estimate how much air they need to inhale.
Our body is so wasteful of salt and water. Think of tears and our way of sweating. Other land mammals don’t have this. Water mammals do however.
Okay anyway I hope you learned something.
Here’s a source and where you can find more information: X
For more interesting posts like this, go here: X
I am homesick for a place I am not sure even exists. One where my heart is full. My body loved. And my soul understood.
photos of sakurajima, the most active volcano in japan, by (click pic) takehito miyatake (previously featured) and martin rietze. volcanic storms can rival the intensity of massive supercell thunderstorms, but the source of the charge responsible for this phenomenon remains hotly debated.
in the kind of storm clouds that generate conventional lightning, ice particles and soft hail collide, building up positive and negative charges, respectively. they separate into layers, and the charge builds up until the electric field is high enough to trigger lightning.
but the specific mechanism by which particles of differing charges are separated in the ash cloud is still unknown. lightning has been observed between the eruption plume and the volcano right at the start of an eruption, suggesting that there are processes that occur inside the volcano to lead to charge separation.
volcanic lightning could yield clues about the earth’s geological past, and could answer questions about the beginning of life on our planet. volcanic lightning could have been the essential spark that converted water, hydrogen, ammonia, and methane molecules present on a primeval earth into amino acids, the building blocks of life.
(see also: previous volcanology posts)